Ubud Arts and Culture Tour
Spend your day in Ubud and take the chance to explore the rich heritage of the cultural and artistic town. Discover the up-and-coming art scene as you go between galleries showcasing Balinese paintings and carvings. Explore the palace of Ubud's last King, and 11th century temple of Pura Batuan. Visit to the Sacred Monkey Forest, and stroll through the local market during this Ubud Arts and Culture Tour.
❀ Tour Itinerary
Pick up time: 08.30 PM | Duration 7 Hours
Be picked up from your hotel and escape the tourist crowds of Bali and travel into the island countryside to discover Ubud, the artists' village of Bali known as a mecca for painters, dancers, musicians and writers. Immerse yourself in the gentle pace of the village life and atmosphere. Your first stop is Celuk village is the silver and gold centre of Bali. The flashier showrooms are on the main road, and have marked prices that are quite high, although you can always bargain. Hundreds of silversmiths and goldsmiths work in their homes on the backstreets north and east of the main road. Most of these artisans are from pande families, members of a sub-caste of blacksmiths whose knowledge of fire and metal has traditionally put them outside the usual caste hierarchy.
Next, to Batuan Temple, referred to locally as ‘Pura Puseh Batuan’, is a focal landmark in the namesake village of Batuan, well-known for its traditional Balinese arts and paintings. This 11th century temple faces a separate large communal hall from where most visitors start their visit. When there’s no major temple ceremony on, which otherwise occupies this space with towering fruit and flower offerings, it is filled with local artists and craftsmen displaying their latest work, from batiks to framed paintings and statuettes.
Then drive on to Mas village, a well-known woodcarving village. See the intricate carvings of handmade wood products, interact with the friendly villagers, and see how artisans transform a simple piece of wood into fine art.
Drive to the Tegalalang village, the most beautiful view of rice terraces. Meet local farmers planting and harvesting and then learn about Subak, a traditional and ecologically sustainable irrigation system that combines the realms of spirits, humans, and nature. Lunch will be served here at local restaurant.
Continue trip to the Sacred Monkey Forest of Ubud, The monkeys within the forest are commonly called long-tailed macaques. Their scientific name is Macaca fascicuiaris. Currently, there are approximately 340 (32 adult males, 19 male sub adult, 77 adult females, 122 juvenile and 54 infants). Within long-tailed macaque societies, females are typically born into and remain with a single troop for life. In contrast, adult and sub-adult males may migrate between troops (young adult males typically leave their natal troop between the ages of 4 to 8 years.
Afterward, leave Ubud monkey forest drive to visit the majestic royal palace was the residence of the last King of Ubud, Puri Saren Agung,marvel at its artistic design and structure, then cross the road to the traditional Art Market. Spend some time checking out the crafts and pieces on offer and browse for souvenirs from local artists, before heading back to your hotel.
❀ Tour Highlights
- Tranquil & rich culture in the village of Ubud
- Fantastic traditional arts & crafts at local Ubud shops
- Relaxed atmosphere away from Bali's tourist crowds
- Panoramic views of Tegenungan waterfall, and Tegalalang rice terrace
- Explore the sacred monkey forest of Ubud
- Distinct architecture of the royal palace Puri Saren Agung
- Traditional & modern arts & crafts at Ubud's lively market
US $ 40
- Comfortable air-conditioned car or minivan
- English speaking driver tour driver guide
- Entrance fees and tickets
- Government tax
- A minimum 2 (two) adults is required to join the tour
- Children 3 and younger are complimentary
- Child; 4 - 11 years old at 50% off
- The tour are in private, that mean there is no other participant, just only you and your companion
- The payment can be done by cash either US $ or Indonesian Rupiah, based on the latest exchange rates
- Above price are all inclusive, reasonable and fair price, that means NO HIDDEN FEES
How to Book ?
Please complete the form bellow